Months ago when I was asked if a new video blogger should start a second YouTube channel I said no. That answer haunts me now. She was asking because she does daily life videos and frugal living videos and didn’t know if the two topics should be mixed together in one channel. I had been debating that very thing myself. I knew that the really popular YouTubers usually had 2 channels, but I’m not that popular and I didn’t want the bother of 2 channels with 2 passwords and more stuff to manage. Another experienced video blogger there at the time confirmed that one channel should be fine. I mentioned that she should just use specific titles and the watchers could decide if they wanted to see that particular video or not.
Seven months later I started a second YouTube channel because I…
- …decided to ramp up my vlogging tip videos.
- …upload a lot of daily life videos for my other blog.
- …wanted the channel “Vlogging Tips” so I would come up faster when someone searched.
- …was wondering what would happen if I ever sold my site.
- …followed someone else’s advice. [You really can find advice for whatever you want to do online.]
- …got twitter.com/VloggingTips and was trying to be uniform across the platforms.
So if I answered that question today I would have a different, but probably not definitive, answer.
What about you? Do you have 2 or more channels? Do you think you ever will?