1. To ask if video will be relevant in 5 years is like asking if TV is a good medium.
2. Equipment: The best camera, microphone, & software are the ones that you’re going to use!!
3. You just can’t beat YouTube for hosting, traffic, keywords, visibility.
4. The only time you need a private video host is if you need 2 protect UR content & keep it private i.e.members site
5. It takes practice to build confidence with video.
6. 2-4 minutes tends to be the most watched time. You’d better be REAL good to keep attn longer.
7. The most effective way 2 begin a video is with ur credibility-your name & where you are from. It’s an audio logo.
8. Don’t overthink the video – just do it!
9. There really are no set rules for online video. There are strategies…
10. Don’t put anything online ANYWHERE that you don’t want your parents, children, or Wall Street Journal to see.
11. Video topics: Work through the letters of the alphabet with a word on your topic for each letter.
Start with your frequently asked questions
12. Google want more small businesses to use video.
13. It is not hard to create video content! There are at least 4 different options.
14. Carrie Wilkerson’s videos led to her book deals and speaking gigs
15. Great resource for screenshots and video of your screen - Jing
16. Doing business online is almost like being guilty until proven innocent. Video helps prove you’re trustworthy.
18. Video brings credibility, content, celebrity status, and circulation.
19. Dont get hung-up on waiting for “better” just do it!
20. You don’t have to be overly fancy or technical – just be strategic
You don’t have to dress up to do video, but it might help. @barefoot_exec uses sparkly makeup & earrings.
The catchlight is a good thing – makes your eyes sparkle & calls attention to u
Don’t be vain, be the real you in your videos so when someone sees you in person they will feel as if they already know you
21. An accent is not a good reason to NOT do video.
22. What’s keeping you from video marketing? Fear of image, technology or expertise?
Another fear - that I don’t have something to add to the conversation.
23. Marketing tip: use video as often as possible: blog posts, interviews, etc.
It was a couple hours of video talk and I absolutely loved it! I might delve a little deeper into some of these topics in the near future so stay tuned!
P.S. Read the first chaper of Carrie Wilkerson’s new book for free – The Barefoot Executive: The Ultimate Guide for Being Your Own Boss and Achieving Financial Freedom