You really, really don’t want to show your face in a video? I think you should, but here’s some ideas to help you start vlogging without being stressed out about your face.
- 1. Reviews: Zoom in on the product and show it working while you are explaining.
- Take a walk and show the scenery
- Children or pets: If you feel you aren’t cute maybe somebody else in your house is.
- 4. What about part of your face? Can the side of your face be in the video? Or just from your eyes up?
- 5. Screenshots for tutorials
- Interview someone else while you are off camera asking the questions.
- 7. How-tos: Show your hands doing the work while you narrate.
- 8. Video a show, concert, seminar and add a running commentary.
- 9. Be creative with an editing or webcam program that disguises you.
- 10. Wear a mask. [okay – that’s tongue-in-cheek because I ran out of ideas, but wanted to make it to 10.]
Be creative if you really don’t want your face in the video. However – I think that by not showing your face you will lose the main draw of vlogging. Isn’t vlogging about communicating and connecting? Go for it!